You have 15 minutes to spare before you have to leave for the appointment (carpool, meeting) and, because you are an EFFICIENT WOMAN, your first impulse is to check your email one more time (even though you know that will take 20 or 25 minutes, and then you’ll be late) or you could just close your eyes briefly and sink into that comfy sofa….
But, is there anything else you can do that might be a more productive (even inspiring) use of your time?
A few suggestions:
1. The power nap is not a bad idea. Recent studies have shown that people who take naps (with REM sleep) are more upbeat and positive throughout the day. Of course, being well-rested also benefits one’s overall physical health.
2. Read a board book to your 3 year old or begin a short story for an older child. Even better, take those few minutes to look into your kids’ eyes and ask them what they are thinking about, hoping for, or feeling. You won’t regret those 15 minutes!
3. Take Fido for a walk. He’s been looking at you with those soulful eyes! You will enjoy the fresh air, the companionship of your beloved dog, and nature. Plus, Fido will be eternally grateful, as only a dog can be!
4. Jump rope! You gain agility and coordination as well as improving cardiovascular and muscular endurance. Or, you can try jumping jacks! Hey, it worked for us when we were kids!
5. The Fly Lady (http://www.flylady.net/) would tell you to wipe down your bathroom or begin decluttering…but I’m not going to lay that on you! I might want to throw a load in, though!
6. Silence your thoughts, place yourself in the presence of the Lord, and reflect on a short Scripture passage. God’s word brings peace to our souls, in a way that no other human activity can do!
What do you suggest for 15 minutes of spare time?