|6 out of 7 Senour siblings on a trampoline agree. 1999 was a very good year.|
|(I’m the sultry, Sun-In blonde in the background, awkwardly clasping my poor sister Hillary.)|
1. My first job ever was as a lifeguard at our country club. And it was a ghetto fabulous country club, let me make that quite clear. Case in point: I painted the interior of the men’s locker room in mildew-resistant waterproof paint. For 6.50 an hour.
2. My second-45th jobs were at various and sundry restaurant establishments, including (but not limited to) Denny’s, Village Inn, Damon’s AND Bob Evan’s, (both in Steubenville, both for 5 minutes out of very real fear for my own life) Old Chicago’s, Red Robin and probably 14 more that I’ve blocked from my pain-filled memory. Can I get you a refill?
3. I am a choleric introvert. That means I’d like to take over the world, but I am crippled by the prospect of making small talk at dinner parties. Thankfully I married another undercover introvert, and we spend most of our evenings reading silently in bed for 45 minutes every night.
4. I am the oldest of 7 children, and there is a 17 year gap between me and my youngest brother Patrick. When he was born, my best friend and I would take him to the mall and play ‘unwed teenage mother.’ For reals.
5. I was raised in a semi-wild subdivision populated by foxes, deer and the occasional mountain lion and/or black bear. As a direct result, our family pets were notoriously short-lived to the point of being considered ‘disposable.’ My brother recently had his deceased shit-zu replaced by a pair of kittens, one of which went mysteriously missing weeks later…
6. I am a writer/editor/journalist … which is what I always wanted to do when I was little. (The only missing pie piece is astronaut, but I’m hoping to revisit that one after menopause…)
7. I was a crazy, crazy party animal in college. I transferred to Franciscan my senior year and ‘dried up,’ so to speak, but I still have to resist the urge to empty entire bottles of wine by my lonesome. What can I say? When I hear Usher or Nelly on the radio, I can get a little crazy.
8. My little sister is my best friend, and we talk on the phone at least two times a day during the week. If she didn’t live 2,000 miles away, we’d probably split a duplex and raise our wolves together.
9. I love being at the gym. I feel skinny just walking in the doors, and conversely, feel morbidly obese on days I don’t go.
10. I am prone to biting sarcasm, hyperbole and the occasional (maybe too occasional) curse word.
11. I am a secret Star Wars fanatic. I had like 4 logo/character t-shirts in middle school, and wore them regularly in public. So shameful….
And fiiiiinally, my questions back to the blogosphere:
1. What would you do with a spare hour (child-free)?
2. What is your favorite mixed drink?
3. Weirdest/fondest holiday tradition in your family?
4. Favorite Saint/role model?
5. Worst job you’ve ever had?
6. Favorite guilty shopping pleasure?
7. Where did you meet your husband/significant other?
8. Pregnancy: love it or loathe it? (in other words, are you a happy gestator or a grumpy mama)
9. Favorite season?
10. Organic produce or name-brand coffee? (fess up your grocery store weaknesses)
11. pedicure or massage?
Whew! Now run with it, ladies:
I’m sorry, I’d think of 6 more semi-celebrities to tag, but I have to go eat something now.