About Me

A Little News…

July 30, 2013

Because I’d be remiss if I didn’t announce it to you, my lovely long suffering readers. Thanks for all the lent ears during the great laundry wars of 2013…things are looking bright for the Uebbing family.

• Reply Rosie July 30, 2013 at 11:11 am

Hallelujah!!! So glad you all will be back in the States and near your families :)

• Reply Joy July 30, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Congratulations to you all!

• Reply sarahm July 30, 2013 at 12:09 pm

So happy for you guys, Jenny! Please tell Dave we said Congratulations!!!

• Reply Anne Bazin July 30, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity for Dave! Where will this next baby be born? Roma or the States?

• Reply Kris July 30, 2013 at 1:53 pm

So happy for you guys!!

• Reply Francine July 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

So exciting! Welcome back to the land of A/C, Chipotle, and Target!

• Reply Michele Chronister July 30, 2013 at 2:59 pm

What amazing news!!! And, you and your family look gorgeous in your press picture, btw. :-)

• Reply Christy from fountains of home July 30, 2013 at 5:10 pm

This is big news Jenny! Happy for you guys, and happy you don’t have to have any Italian childbirth traumas! But there is a part of me that’s sad you’re not in Rome anymore…I don’t quite know why…

• Reply Anonymous July 30, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Wow!! Congratulations Uebbing family! I have loved following your adventures in Roma and are sad (for us!) that they are coming to an end. Thank you for helping your superTarget friends appreciate the perks of American child rearing all while exposing us to la dolce vita :) God bless all of you!

• Reply Grace in my Heart July 30, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Congrats! How exciting!

• Reply thesewallsblog.com July 30, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Wow! That is impressive! Congratulations to your husband and best wishes to all of you as you prepare for your move! Exciting times!

• Reply Beth July 30, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Wow, what an honor to be chancellor for such an incredible archdiocese! As a former diocesan employee myself, I know what a huge commitment that is for the whole family. God bless you!
    And I have to say I’m relieved. I don’t even know you, but I’ve been to an Italian hospital before and I was already worried about you having a baby in one of those places! I’ve loved every entry on your Italian adventure and perspective on motherhood, but can’t wait to keep reading about the next adventure!

• Reply Katrina Rose July 30, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Congratulations! From a view of St. Peter’s to a view of the Rockies … not bad at all!!

• Reply Diana July 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Congratulations Uebbings!!! So very happy for your family! :)

• Reply Kathleen July 31, 2013 at 12:30 am

Congrats.. I really enjoy your writing. Hope your move goes well.

• Reply Katie July 31, 2013 at 1:01 am

Congrats!! And wow to Daveon the job!! So great! Although, I am a bit sad I will not get to meet you when I go to Rome with my husband.

• Reply Olivia July 31, 2013 at 3:13 am

I am so happy for you all!!! Congratulations! And come on home!

• Reply Claudette July 31, 2013 at 8:12 am

oh wow! I am so happy for you that you will be going back home. I’m sad that now we’ll probably never meet in Malta but as someone else said, relieved you won’t have to experience the erratic Italian health service. Wishing you all the very best and may God be with your beautiful family always.

• Reply Laura Pearl July 31, 2013 at 11:00 am

Congratulations! That sounds like a wonderful job opportunity for your husband, and I’m sure you’re thrilled to be coming home–especially since you’ll be so close to family. (I’ll miss the funny stories about life in Rome, though–they’ve been quite entertaining!)

• Reply Catholic Mutt August 1, 2013 at 2:46 am