JPII, Traveling with Children

Pilgrim Up

April 22, 2014

We’re leaving tomorrow morning at 7 am, so naturally, I’m not quite done packing. Nor are my dishes done, but eh, what are frantic 11pm housecleaning sessions for?

What I am doing right now is camping out on my couch writing out the prayer requests we’ve received. I bought this adorable turquoise moleskin notebook with 100 pages and thought, meh, overkill…but it’s more than half full already, and I’m not even done unloading my inbox. I am honored and deeply humbled that so many people have entrusted us with their prayer intentions. I felt really strongly that we needed to physically carry them with us, hence the notebook. Now I just hope I don’t run out of pages.

We just found out an hour ago that we have press passes – journalist credentials, in other words – for the canonization ceremony. Which means access to the press entrance into the Square. Which means WE’RE GETTING IN!!! But if you could throw up a tiny, selfish prayer that the guards, um, turn the other cheek when they see us toting our equipment and three miniature assistants with us? I’m not sure it’s totally normal (or even remotely permissible) for the press to bring their bambini along. So yeah.

I’ve got to go scoop this baby off the floor now but please, please know we are praying for you!

I don’t know what kind of interet we’ll have at our apartment, but if I can snag some wifi, you know exactly what I’ll do with it.

Oh, and pray for a 12 hour nap for everyone in our family under the age of 4 tomorrow. Pretty please?

John Paul II, pray for us!

p.s. The JPII Love Story Linkup is live until next Sunday. Add your stories!

• Reply Christy from fountains of home April 22, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Jenny! This is so amazing and awesome and amazing. I hope you have the greatest time and that you manage to still have friends by the time you get back because…holy jealous! If you wouldn’t mind adding my family to the giant list I’m sure JPII can fit them all in. I’ll be praying for you and watching for you on tv 😉

• Reply Beth (A Mom's Life) April 23, 2014 at 12:02 am

Can you please add my brother- in-law, Bob, to your prayer list? He was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer a couple of weeks ago.

Praying for smooth travel and a wonderful trip for you all!

• Reply Kris April 23, 2014 at 12:27 am

Good luck with the trip – have an AWESOME time! Can’t wait to read all about it!

• Reply Lisa April 23, 2014 at 12:32 am

Have a great trip- that’s awesome about the passes!!

• Reply Tamara April 23, 2014 at 1:16 am

Yea for press passes! Thanks for praying for us. And, seriously, can Evie be any cuter? (With all due respect to my own cutie pies of course.)

• Reply Holly April 23, 2014 at 2:20 am

Can you pray for my husband’s conversion and openness to more children? Thanks so much for doing this. Have a great trip! – Holly

• Reply Mary April 23, 2014 at 2:23 am

Practice your Italian, friend… Tell the guardia that you named your little one john Paul. They can do it. There are very few rules that they “have” to be strict on. Promise. I’ve broken too many myself, so I know bringing kids in won’t be an issue. Even the carabinieri can be won over!

• Reply runtomary April 23, 2014 at 2:32 am

This is probably too late, but if it’s not, would you mind praying for my husband an I to conceive? Thank you!

• Reply Kendra Tierney April 23, 2014 at 4:20 am

I swoon every time I see that baby. She’s so cute!