motherhood

PSA: mom jeans

August 27, 2014

… minus the mom jeans part.

But seriously, all ye of postpartum shape or anyone who would like to present the illusion of trim and toned to the outside world.

Pick yourself up a pair or two of these (at $25 bucks a pop, plus 30% online today, why not?) and cruise your way into fall looking like you worked out occasionally this summer.

You’re welcome in advance.

(Trust me, your husbands will thank you.)

😉

Here’s some in vivo evidence of the fit and stretch that will rock your world.

Srsly, they feel like yoga pants that hug you back, are appropriate for public use, and button right smack dab over your deflated belly button. Perfection.

• Reply Alzbeta August 27, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Ooo… seriously tempted, but then I have to have the size debate. I’m mostly one size, but drifting just a little down towards another. Would you say they fit to where you’d want to size up a little or down a little?

• Reply Jenny August 27, 2014 at 7:23 pm

I would order the exact size you are, they seem to fit very true to size but they’re definitely stretchy tight, does that make sense?

• Reply Becky August 29, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I have a similar issue and got some just the other day. After roughly 5 trips to the dressing room, I would suggest going with the snugger size. They will stretch a bit- even after a few minutes in the dressing room. I almost always do ON jeans in person because I find that size/fit varies by style and even wash. It’s not crazy variation but enough that trying them on is worth it.

• Reply Ellen Johnson August 27, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Nice! To old navy I go!

• Reply Julia @ I Camp At The Ritz August 27, 2014 at 8:15 pm

But, but….Jenny, you’re the one who introduced me to Rachel @ Grasping for Objectivity and she says Old Navy sells mom jeans! 😉

• Reply Tamara August 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Oh if only I knew what size I will be in after the baby comes….

• Reply Caitlin August 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Looking good, mama!

Now the question is (coming from someone who doesn’t wash their jeans everyday), do they completely stretch out and get all saggy on day two?

• Reply mary August 29, 2014 at 3:48 am

i’m curious about this too. i have a pair of old navy jeans from a couple years ago that sag/stretch out hideously. but if they don’t these are just what i need. my lone pair of skinnies have no stretch and while i like the look of them, they are not super comfy for all day wear. like, sometimes my calves start to hurt. so…maybe i just have fat calves.

• Reply Jenny August 29, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I have a field report from my best friend who has worn the black pair daily (she claims) for 6 months and has just begun to notice knee blow out. I figure for 25 bucks, 6 months is a respectable run. It’s like very affordable clothing rental…

• Reply Kaitlin @ More Like Mary August 27, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Can you believe there was a time when we actually claimed to like low rise jeans?????

• Reply Kris August 28, 2014 at 12:11 am

You sucked me in. I ordered a pair.

• Reply Michele Chronister August 28, 2014 at 12:54 am

You are so stinkin cute, Jenny!!!

• Reply Ellen Willson August 28, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I want the shirt too!

• Reply Jenny August 29, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I’m obsessed with this shirt. It’s so flattering and I never would have pulled it off the rack except a few weeks ago I marched myself down to Nordstrom Rack and said, self, you are not buying any more disposable clothing from Target. And this was one of the happy purchases from that fatal day. It’s a brand I’ve never heard of, all there is is an “H” on the tag. Sorry!

• Reply Lauren T. August 28, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Ooooooh very nice! Will be adding those to my cart of “fall must haves.” The shirt is super cute too!

• Reply Annery August 28, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Those look great!

• Reply Hannah Gokie September 3, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I bought myself a pair of these and had to come back and say THANK YOU. They are magic pants. Seriously. After trying them on I debated internally whether I should buy out the entire stock at our local Old Navy so I could have them forever…but then I refrained. Anyways – thank you!