.- Fifty-two metropolitan archbishops will receive the pallium on Tuesday, June 29, Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul, Apostles. Forty-four of the metropolitans will receive the pallium from the hands of John Paul II in St. Peter's Square at 6 p.m. Among the new metropolitans are four American bishops and one Canadian.
The new metropolitans are:
- Cardinal Justin Francis Rigali, archbishop of Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Archbishop Robert Zollitsch of Freiburg im Bresgau, Germany.
- Archbishop Sean Patrick O'Malley, O.F.M., Cap., of Boston, U.S.A.
- Archbishop Hans-Josef Becker of Paderborn, Germany.
- Archbishop Ramon Benito de la Rosa y Carpio of Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic.
- Archbishop Andre Lacrampe of Besancon, France.
- Archbishop Valerian Okeke of Onitsha, Japan
- Archbishop Gaudencio Borbon Rosales of Manila, Philippines.
- Archbishop Alano Maria Pena, O.P., of Niteroi, Brazil.
- Archbishop Joseph Mitsuaki Takami, P.S.S., of Nagasaki, Japan.
- Archbishop Henry Joseph Mansell of Hartford, U.S.A.
- Archbishop Kevin John Patrick McDonald of Southwark, Great Britain.
- Archbishop Jose Luis Chavez Botello of Antequera, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Archbishop Fulgence Rabeony, S.J., of Toliara, Madagascar.
- Archbishop Joseph Edra Ukpo of Calabar, Nigeria.
- Archbishop Michel Meranville of Fort-de-France, Martinique.
- Archbishop Matias Patricio de Macedo of Natal, Brazil.
- Archbishop Juan Antonio Ugarte Perez of Cuzco, Peru.
- Archbishop Jose Paulino Rios Reynoso of Arequipa, Peru.
- Archbishop Raymond Leo Burke of St. Louis, U.S.A.
- Archbishop Carlo Caffarra of Bologna, Italy.
- Archbishop Edoardo Menichelli of Ancona-Osimo, Italy.
- Archbishop Joseph Cheng Tsai-Fa of Taipei, Taiwan.
- Archbishop Raymond Roussin, S.M., of Vancouver, Canada.
- Archbishop Lawrence Aloysius Burke, S.J., of Kingston in Jamaica, Jamaica.
- Archbishop Patrick Pinder of Nassau, Bahamas.
- Archbishop Joao Braz de Aviz of Brasilia, Brazil.
- Archbishop Walmor Oliveira de Azevedo of Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- Archbishop Raymundo Damasceno Assis of Aparecida, Brazil.
- Archbishop Roland Minnerath of Dijon, France.
- Archbishop Wladislaw Ziolek of Lodz, Poland.
- Archbishop Joseph Augustine Charanakunnel of Raipur, India.
- Archbishop Pietro Coccia of Pesaro, Italy.
- Archbishop Marie Daniel Dadiet of Korhogo, Ivory Coast.
- Archbishop Jean-Charles Descubes of Rouen, France.
- Archbishop Marian Golebiewski of Wroclaw, Poland.
- Archbishop Luiz Manchila Vilela, SS.CC., of Vitoria, Brazil.
- Archbishop Diarmuid Martin of Dublin, Ireland
- Archbishop Aldo Di Cillo Pagotto, S.S.S., of Paraiba, Brazil.
- Archbishop Ramon C. Arguelles of Lipa, the Philippines.
- Archbishop Moacyr Jose Vitti, C.S.S., of Curitiba, Brazil.
- Archbishop Robert Christopher Ndlovu of Harare, Zimbabwe.
- Archbishop Bruno Gamberini of Campinas, Brazil.
- Archbishop Milton Antonio Dos Santos, S.D.B., of Cuiaba, Brazil.
In addition to the forty-four archbishops, the following eight will received the pallium in their respective metropolitan sees: Archbishops Aloysius Sudarso, S.C.I., of Palembang, Indonesia; Hubert Constant, O.M.I., of Cap-Haitien, Haiti; Evarist Pinto of Karachi, Pakistan; Nicolaus Adi Septura, M.S.C., of Merauke, Indonesia: Jose de Queiros Alves, C.SS.R., of Huambo, Angola; Anthony Anandarayar of Pondicherry and Cuddalore, India; Maria Callist Soosa Pakiam of Trivandrum of the Latins, India and Lluis Martinez Sistach of Barcelona, Spain.