The Vatican has released the calendar of liturgical events that will be presided over by Pope Benedict between the months of May – August. The list includes Mass and procession on the Solemnity of Corpus Christi; First Vespers to open the Pauline Year; World Youth Day in Sydney; and Mass to celebrate the Solemnity of the Assumption.
- Saturday 3: Recitation of the Rosary at 6 p.m. in the Roman basilica of St. Mary Major.
- Sunday 11: Pentecost Sunday. Mass at 10 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica.
- Saturday 17 and Sunday 18: Pastoral visit to Savona and Genoa, Italy.
- Thursday 22: Solemnity of Corpus Christi. Mass at 7 p.m. in the basilica of St. John Lateran, followed by a procession to the basilica of St. Mary Major for Eucharistic blessing.
- Saturday 14 and Sunday 15: Pastoral visit to Santa Maria di Leuca and Brindisi, Italy.
- Saturday 28: At 6 p.m. in the Roman basilica of St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls, First Vespers for the solemn opening of the Pauline Year.
- Sunday 29: Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul, Apostles. Mass at 9:30 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica. Blessing and imposition of the pallium on metropolitan archbishops.
- Saturday 12 to Monday 21: Apostolic trip to Australia for World Youth Day in Sydney.
- Friday 15: Solemnity of the Assumption, Mass at 8 a.m. in the parish church of St. Thomas of Villanova in Castelgandolfo.