.- The Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff made public today the calendar of celebrations to be presided over by Pope John Paul II from September 28 to December 31, 2004. SEPTEMBER
- Tuesday, 28: At 6 p.m. at the main altar in St. Peter's Basilica, Mass for the repose of the souls of the deceased Supreme Pontiffs Paul VI and John Paul I.
- Sunday, 3: 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time. At 10 a.m. in St. Peter's Square, beatification of the Servants of God Pierre Vigne, Joseph-Marie Cassant, Anna Katharina Emmerick, Maria Ludovica De Angelis and Charles of Austria.
- Sunday, 17: 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time. At 5:30 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica, beginning of the Year of the Eucharist. Mass, Eucharistic adoration and benediction.
- Friday, 22: At 5:30 p.m., Mass for the beginning of the academic year of the ecclesiastic universities.
- Thursday, 11: At 11 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica, Mass for the repose of the souls of the cardinals and bishops who died throughout the year.
- Wednesday, 8: Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady. At 4 p.m. in Piazza di Spagna, homage to Our Lady on the 150th anniversary of the dogmatic definition of the Immaculate Conception.
- Tuesday, 14: At 5:30 p.m. in St. Peter's Basilica, Mass for university students at the Roman Athenaeums.
- Friday, 24: Vigil of the Solemnity of the Birth of Our Lord. Midnight Mass in St. Peter's Basilica.
- Saturday, 25: Solemnity of the Birth of Our Lord. "Urbi et Orbi" blessing at noon in St. Peter's Square.
- Friday, 31: At 6 p.m. in St. Peter's Basilica, Vespers and "Te Deum" of thanksgiving.