.- At the Vatican on Tuesday morning, Pope Benedict XVI approved several miracles and declarations of heroic virtue moving forward nine people closer to canonization.
During an audience with Archbishop Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Holy Father authorized the promulgation of decrees for Catholics hailing from Poland to Portugal.
The declarations approved by the Pope are:
- Blessed Zygmunt Szczesny Felinski, Polish former archbishop of Warsaw (1822-1895).
- Blessed Arcangelo Tadini, Italian diocesan priest and founder of the Congregation of Worker Sisters of the Holy House of Nazareth (1846-1912).
- Blessed Francesc Coll y Guitart, Spanish professed priest of the Order of Friars Preachers and founder of the Congregation of the Dominican Sisters of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1812-1875).
- Blessed Rafael Arnaiz Baron, Spanish oblate friar of the Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance (1911-1938).
- Blessed Mary of the Cross Jugan (nee Jeanne), French foundress of the Congregation of the Little Sisters of the Poor (1792-1879).
- Blessed Caterina Volpicelli, Italian foundress of the Institute of Handmaidens of the Sacred Heart (1839-1894).
- Servant of God Giacinto Bianchi, Italian diocesan priest and founder of the Institute of Missionary Daughters of Mary (1835-1914).
- Servant of God Andreas Van Den Boer (ne Jan), Dutch professed brother of the Friars of the Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy (1841-1917).
- Servant of God Marie Clare of the Child Jesus Galvao Meixa de Moura Telles e Albuquerque (nee Libania do Carmo), Portuguese foundress of the Franciscan Hospitaller Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (1843-1899).