1. What is World Youth Day?
It is a great worldwide encounter with the Pope which is celebrated every three years in a different country. This time it will be celebrated in Madrid from August 16th to 21st, 2011.
2. Why could it interest me?
Because it could be a great incentive in your Christian life and a chance to experience in first person the universality of the Church.
3. Why is it celebrated?
To share with the whole world the hope of many young people who want to commit themselves to Christ and others.
4. What is it “to live a WYD”?
It may be a unique way to deepen your faith and grow closer to Christ, by means of prayer and the sacraments, together with thousands of other young people who share your interests and ambitions.
5. Is it just for Catholics?
No, WYD is open to all young people who want to take part in a festive encounter with their contemporaries centered on Jesus Christ.
6. What is the agenda for the event?
During the week of World Youth Day, there will be a complete cultural agenda in addition to the events with the Pope. Check out the main events of WYD.
7. Where can I stay?
When they register, young people will be offered simple lodgings in sports centers, private homes…
8. Where do I register?
In madrid11.com/inscribete you can fill out a registration form and choose your option.
9. How can I prepare myself?
The theme for this WYD may help you: www.madrid11.com/mensaje.
10. How can I help?
- Register (in madrid11.com/inscribete). By registering you help us know how many young people will be coming and you help us prepare better for this great event.
- If you live in Madrid you could help by having young participants stay at your house: ask at your parish.
11. By making a financial contribution:
- By making a donation at www.muchasgracias.info.
- Donating 10€ to the Solidarity Fund, to help young people from countries with less resources.
- Sending a text message to 28004, with the word JMJ (valid only in Spain). This way you will be donating 1.20 € to the Solidarity Fund.
« Back to home