The Vatican press office announced that on Thursday, February 19, an Ordinary Public Consistory will be held to announce the canonization of seven blessed, including one Italian mother who preferred to die instead of undergoing a treatment that would have caused the death of her unborn child.
The blessed to be announced as future saints are:
- Blessed Luigi Orione, Italian priest and founder of the Little Work of Divine Providence and of the Congregation of the Little Sisters, Missionaries of Charity.
- Blessed Annibale Maria di Francia, Italian priest and founder of the Congregation of the Rogationist Fathers of the Heart of Jesus and of the Religious Daughters of Divine Generosity.
- Blessed Jose Manyanet y Vives, Spanish priest and founder of the Congregation of the Sons of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the Missionary Daughters of the Holy Family of Nazareth.
- Blessed Nimatullah Al Hardini, Lebanese, priest of the Lebanese Maronite Order.
- Blessed Paola Elisabetta, Italian, nee Costanza Cerioli, widow Busecchi-Tassis, foundress of the Institute of Religious of the Holy Family.
- Blessed Gianna Beretta Molla, mother and pro-life role model.