“Sharp wit sometimes much better than deadly weapon.”
“Patience lead to knowledge.”
“Politeness golden key that open many doors.”
One of the many Chinese proverbs ensconced within fortune cookies reads: “There is nothing that costs so little nor goes so far as courtesy.” And then there is: "You can never never say thank you enough.’ Courtesy will get you everywhere, and so will 'thank you.'"
Wisdom from the Judeo-Christian Treasury
Finally, here are only a few words of wisdom capable of inspiring a person’s entire life. They can set one’s thoughts in motion for a lifetime. Consider the following:
1. “I have called you by your name; you are mine.” --Is 43:1
2. “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.” --Jn 6:67
3. “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not know what I want, but I do the very things I hate.” –Rom 7:15
4. “Without me, you can do nothing.” –Jn 15:5
5. “I can do all things in him who strengthens me. –Phil 4:14
(Column continues below)
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
At Catholic News Agency, our team is committed to reporting the truth with courage, integrity, and fidelity to our faith. We provide news about the Church and the world, as seen through the teachings of the Catholic Church. When you subscribe to the CNA UPDATE, we'll send you a daily email with links to the news you need and, occasionally, breaking news.
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
6. “I do always the things that please my Father.” –Jn 8:29
7. “You have made and woman a little less than God
With glory and honor you praised them.” --Ps 8: 5
8. “I praise and thank you, for I am wonderfully made.” –Ps 139:14
Who needs a Selfie?