Washington D.C., Jun 22, 2011 / 00:37 am
The Catholic University of America says its plan to house men and women separately will withstand any legal challenge from John Banzhaf, known for his lawsuits over fast food and women's bathrooms.
In a June 21 statement provided to CNA, the university said it “has not received service of any legal proceedings from Professor John Banzhaf regarding the University’s plan to phase in single-gender residence halls.”
Earlier this week, a Fox affiliate in the District reported that Prof. Banzhaf had issued the school an “intent-to-sue” notice because of the plan. The university, however, says it is still waiting to “review any legal documents if and when they are received.”
Banzhaf – whose own website notes that he has been called “the Ralph Nader of Junk Food” and the “Osama bin Laden of Torts,” as well as the “Father of Potty Parity” (for his lawsuits over restroom access) – said he would sue the university for violating the District of Columbia's Human Rights Act.