Vatican City, Aug 31, 2012 / 11:12 am America/Denver (CNA).
The Vatican is refusing to confirm or deny reports that it has once again been subject to a cyber attack by hostile hackers.
“No comment,” said a two-word Aug. 31 statement from the Vatican Press Office in response to an inquiry from CNA.
According to an Aug 29 report from FOX Business, the Vatican discovered this week that it had been victim to “a sophisticated and targeted cyber attack.”
The internet security firm Radware issued a threat alert on Aug. 28, stating that a new Trojan malware – short for “malicious software” – was being used for the first time against one of its customers.
A confidential source told Fox Business that the victim of the attack was the Vatican and claimed that “the tool was quite sophisticated, apparently focused and, until now, stealthy.”