Gary, Ind., Feb 29, 2016 / 16:01 pm
The home that was believed to be a site of demonic activity was demolished last month. The story, as reported in the National Catholic Register, centered on an Indiana family attacked by demons and freed by a Catholic priest through a series of exorcisms.
It had attracted international attention after multiple people from various agencies, including a police officer and hospital and social-service employees, gave eyewitness testimonies of unexplained occurrences involving the family who lived there, including levitation of objects and loud footsteps leaving prints. Two hospital personnel reported seeing one of the boys walking backwards up a wall, flipping into the air and landing on his feet while in a hospital room waiting to be examined. In a separate event, the Department of Child Services report stated that the staff at a doctor's office witnessed one of the boys getting lifted up and thrown into a wall.
Zak Bagans, host and executive producer of the TV show Ghost Adventures, purchased the home in 2014 to film a documentary. Filming wrapped up in late 2015, and the coverage is expected to be released later this year. In an email interview, Bagans, who said he is Catholic, is not revealing much at this time, but he is convinced there was an evil presence in the home.
"I do believe the dark forces in the house were aware of my presence and did interfere with the production in many different ways - some serious," he said. Bagans added that, immediately after his investigation, he developed an unexplained physical illness from which he continues to suffer.