Parma, Ohio, Oct 23, 2018 / 13:01 pm
The Ruthenian Eparchy of Parma has announced that a priest who was reportedly attacked in August has been placed on administrative leave due to a credible accusation of sexual misconduct with a minor.
Fr. Basil Hutsko is accused of misconduct alleged to have occurred 35 years ago (or in 1983), the eparchy stated.
"Though Father Basil Hutsko denies the accusation, Bishop Milan Lach, SJ, having heard from the priest, the Review Board, and the Promotor [sic] of Justice, has found the accusation to be credible," the eparchy said. "A finding that the accusation is credible is not a finding of guilt," it added.
In August, Hutsko had been reported to have been attacked at his parish. The eparchy's statement said that attack did not take take place.